Agape Child and Family Services of Memphis, TN
Agape Child & Family Services
We offer opportunities for those we serve to form a connection with or reconnect with their faith. Our holistic approach enables us to address the spiritual needs of our families, in addition to their physical needs. It is our hope that the connections we establish will bring strength, support and sustainability to children and families for years to come. See more details below.
Address: 3160 Directors Row, Memphis, TN 38131
We are honored to serve youth and families in 10 apartment complexes and 17 schools while also offering wraparound services to the surrounding neighborhoods. More than 3,500 households are served through Powerlines each year. In fact, it is the single largest two-generation program in the U.S., according to the Tennessee Department of Human Services (TDHS).
- Hickory Hill: Autumn Ridge, Bella Vista, Wingood Manor
- Frayser & Raleigh: Corning Village, Jamesbridge, Pershing Park, Todd Creek
- Whitehaven: Bent Tree, New Horizon, Summit Park
Our school-based ministry, Stars, consists of a team of dedicated connectors who work one-on-one with children and their families to provide diverse support and services to keep kids in school and ready to learn.
- Hickory Hill: Hickory Ridge Elementary, Sheffield Elementary, Winridge Elementary, Hickory Ridge Middle, American Way Middle, Wooddale High, Sheffield High
- Frayser & Raleigh: Corning Elementary, Frayser Elementary, Georgian Hills Elementary, Whitney Elementary, Westside Middle, MLK College Prep
- Whitehaven: Robert R. Church Elementary, Winchester Elementary, A. Maceo Walker Middle, Hillcrest High
Agape’s Families in Transition (FIT) transitional housing program supports homeless families and their children fleeing domestic violence. Our FIT families receive housing, counseling, opportunities for faith engagement, life skills, parenting skills, job readiness training, budgeting guidance and more. An Agape social worker helps each participant develop a personal case plan to help identify strengths and enable success. We work closely with other agencies to provide other wraparound support services as needed.
Agape Offers 3 programs to help our city’s homeless:
- Transitional Housing & Support
- Rapid Rehousing & Support
- Homeless Prevention
- Career consultation and coaching services for school and work.
- Post-secondary education that leads to a national certification and/or degree attainment.
- Soft skills training on etiquette, work ethics, team building, communication skills, financial literacy, credit counseling, and time management.
- Employment assistance to help navigate relationship conflicts or other life barriers affecting their job.
Counseling Center hours of operation:
Mon -Wed: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thurs: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Appointments may be scheduled outside of these hours on an as-needed basis.
For more information, contact Bailey Fuqua: email@example.com