Northwest Assistance Ministries
Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM) offers various types of assistance to the following zip codes: 77014, 77032, 77038, 77050, 77060, 77064, 77066, 77067, 77068, 77069, 77070, 77073, 77086, 77090, 77379, 77388, 77389.
- Emergency Basic Needs: This programs offers services such as food, prescriptions, gas vouchers, bus tokens, clothing, financial help with rent/mortgage, school supplies, utility assistance, and holiday food and toys. You MUST schedule an appointment for an interview in order to apply for assistance.
- Housing: This is a program to assist families who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. They offer financial assistance for rent/mortgage and provide help with finding affordable housing.
- Children’s Clinic: The clinic offers medical care to infants and children through age 18. The clinic serves children who have Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), private insurance, or who are self-pay/uninsured. To make an appointment please call 1-281-885-4630.
- Family Violence Center: The FVC offers the following services to victims/survivors of domestic violence: 24-hour hotline (1-888-750-4673), telephone crisis counseling, emergency shelter, emergency food, clothing, transportation, medical assistance, counseling services for adults and their children, legal referrals, and referrals to other needed community resources.
- Fifty Plus Senior Center: The center offers social gatherings and activities for seniors. There is a one-time initiation fee of $25 and a $1 daily fee to participate in activities. Please call 1-281-885-4601 for more information.
- Food Pantry: This food pantry operates much like a grocery store–clients are able to choose their own food. NAM also has a Meals on Wheels program. They deliver meals 6 days per week to seniors and others who are homebound due to disability or illness. Please call 1-281-885-4622 to access this service.
- Housing: The housing program assists families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. They offer financial assistance with rent/mortgage, help finding affordable housing, case management, and referrals to other community resources. Please call 1-281-885-4531 for more information.
- Learning Center: This center offers ESL classes, job search assistance, financial literacy classes, and childbirth classes. Classes are offered free or at a reduced cost. Please call 1-281-885-4616 for more information.
15555 Kuykendahl Road
Houston, TX 77090
Main Line: 1-281-885-4555