Workforce Investment Network of Memphis, TN
Workforce Investment Network
We’re here to help you find a job, obtain new skills, or get the training you need to move ahead in the workplace. We work with individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and skill sets. All of our services are free.
Address: 480 Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103
Hours: M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
- ‘Alternative Job Search Techniques’ – There is more than one way to search for a job. This 2 hour workshop explores various methods in seeking employment using non-traditional job search techniques, with supporting video presentation from renowned experts in the field of career and workforce development.
- ‘Building the Right Resume’ – 2 hour workshop which explores how to use quantitative and qualitative writing techniques to sell your talents on your resume. Bring your resume for a one on one critique and watch supportive video presentation from renowned experts in the field of job search and career and workforce development.
- ‘Building the Right Resume Boot Camp’ – Intense 5 hour-Resume Writing Boot Camp. Here participants will have the opportunity to create or update resumes to be used for effective job search efforts. Client will walk away with a Resume Portfolio, 10 copies of their finished resume on professional resume paper, Sample Cover Letter, WIN logo black ink pen and flashdrive. This is a hands-on workshop.
- ‘Career Choices’ – Is choosing the right college or vocational program too tough of a decision to make on your own? Let us help! This 2 hour workshop focuses on the ‘Holland Code’ Work Personality Quiz. We will discuss the benefits of using the right ‘interest inventory’ to assist you in ‘choosing’ the ‘right’ ‘career path’ tailored to your specific ‘personality’ and ‘emotional intelligence’ needs.
- ‘Computer Basics 1 & 2’
‘Computer Basics 1’ – (1 Hour) This workshop is designed to take the fear out of using a computer, while focusing on the most basic computer literacy processes. Computer Basics 1 is an overview of basic computer and Internet terminology, use of hardware, software, and the use of the most commonly used Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows. Participants will also learn the most effective strategies on how to use the Internet to find information, while conducting a more effective online job search.
Computer Basics 2 (4 hours) – ‘Computer Basics 2’ (4 hours) – Participants will be introduced to basic ‘Mouse & Keyboarding Fundamentals’ to improve computer skills and gain the confidence needed to surf the web for a more effective job search. This workshop will feature online keyboarding & mouse practice sites to be used as a tutorial to assist participants in improving their typing skills and use of the mouse. Participants will learn Keyboard shortcuts, how to open, close, save, locate saved files, how to access data, copy and paste text.
The Workforce Investment Network’s Youth Services Department offers educational and career development programs for eligible youth ages 14 – 24. (Click here to view video) These services are offered through a network of regional service contractors. These services offer access to:
- Tutoring, study skills training, and instruction
- Alternative secondary school services
- Work experience (paid & unpaid)
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development
- Supportive services
- Adult mentoring
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Financial Literacy
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Labor Market and employment information
- Preparation for post-secondary educational opportunities
- Summer employment
- Follow-up services (12 months after exit)