Catholic Services of Acadiana -Lafayette
Description: Offers basic human services to individuals and families experiencing hunger, poverty, and homelessness in Acadiana
- St. Joseph Diner -Prepares and serves free lunch meals from 11:00 am – 11:50 am every day to anyone who is hungry. St. Joseph Diner only requires that individuals seeking a meal treat each other, volunteers and staff with respect and dignity. Emergency food boxes are distributed to individuals in crisis who are accessing an emergency pantry for the first time. The diner is located at 613 W. Simcoe, Lafayette, LA 70501
- Stella Maris Center – The center is a hygiene facility that provides a place for homeless individuals to take a shower, use the restroom, do laundry, and take care of other basic hygiene needs. Through partnerships with other local organizations, Stella Maris Center connects homeless individuals with additional resources to assist them as they find a way to regain housing. The center is located at 615 W. Simcoe Street, Lafayette, LA 70501
- Monsignor Sigur Center -Offers resources for individuals and families in financial crisis. We serve both impoverished families and individuals, as well as people experiencing homelessness. Households facing an involuntary situational crisis can apply for financial assistance with utility bills, rent/mortgage, funeral expenses, bus fare, medical needs and rehousing assistance for people living in shelters and on the streets.
- The Emily House -The Emily House is an emergency shelter for homeless women and children. The shelter services will be focused on rapidly returning families to permanent housing, with a goal of stabilization through intensive and personalized case management services continuing after housing placement.
- St. Joseph Shelter for Men -Provides emergency shelter for up to 32 homeless men in a dormitory setting per night. Residents participate in case management where they are assisted with obtaining employment, applying for mainstream benefits and obtaining permanent housing. It is located at 425 St. John St., Lafayette, LA 70501
- St. Michael Center for Veterans -The center is an emergency and transitional housing program for up to 20 homeless male veterans with supportive services, including substance abuse recovery, access to mainstream services, education, employment and housing placement, operating in conjunction with the VA Medical Center in Alexandria, Louisiana. It is located at 425 St. John Street, Lafayette, LA 70501
- Catholic Charities Disaster Response -Catholic Services of Acadiana provides immediate response and long-term recovery assistance. Our staff provides leadership, guidance and resources in our community and provides direct support
with a unique understanding of needs before, during and long after a disaster strikes.
Phone Number: 337.235.4972