COVID-19 Relief Resources – Louisiana Child Care Assistance
In response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, the Louisiana Department of Education opened the Child Care Assistance Program to support essential critical infrastructure personnel.
These families can access subsidized care for children age 12 and under at licensed childcare centers participating in the program, or through registered and certified family childcare and in-home providers by simply completing an application.
Essential critical infrastructure workers are eligible for CCAP, and their applications will be expedited. Essential critical infrastructure workers belong to the following industries.
- HealthCare/Public Health
- Law Enforcement, Public Safety, First Responders
- Food and Agriculture
- Energy (electrical industry, petroleum, natural and propane gas workers)
- Waste and Wastewater
- Transportation and Logistics
- Public Works
- Communications and Information Technology
- Other Community-Based Government
- Critical Manufacturing
- Hazardous Materials
Please visit the link for more information about completing the application.