Volunteers of America Texas-Houston
The Houston office of Volunteers of America offers the following services:
- One-on-one financial coaching including financial literacy workshops and tax season assistance.
- Assistance with applying for food stamps and health insurance.
- Programs for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. These programs include foster care, residential group homes, in-home support, and specialized deaf-blind services.
- Substance abuse treatment including residential and outpatient addiction treatment, programs specifically for pregnant women and women with children, parenting classes, and treatment for domestic abuse.
- Housing assistance for seniors, persons with disabilities, low-income working families, and veterans.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program: provides veterans with case management services and assistance in accessing benefits. Veterans are also offered career counseling and job placement assistance through this program.
4808 Yale Street
Houston, TX 77018