Wesley Community Center-Houston
The Wesley Community Center (WCC) offers the following community services:
- Childcare: WCC’s Early Childhood Education Program offers year round care to children 18 months to age 5. They also offer summer camp and after school pick up for school age children. (Please ensure your child’s school is on their bus route). They are open from 7:30 am to 5 pm. Childcare is at no cost or on a sliding scale depending on residence and income. Enrollment is only in August of each year. Please go to the website for information regarding scheduling an appointment and required documents.
- Senior Services: WCC offers adults ages 60 and older free daily activities from 9 am to 12 pm. Enrollment is only in October of each year.
- The Food Cooperative provides seniors and families a way to maximize their monthly food dollars by doubling their cash food investment. For example, if a family provides $30 they can receive $60 worth of groceries. (There is an annual enrollment fee of $10 to participate in the program). See the website and click on “Food Programs” for the hours and location of enrollment sites.
- Emergency Assistance: WCC offers rent and utility assistance to those in need. Please see the website and click on “Services” and then “Adult and Family Services” to view eligibility requirements.
- Financial Opportunity Center: The FOC offers career services such as resume writing, referrals to employers, and assistance with job searches. They also offer assistance with applying for public benefits such as Medicaid, TANF, SNAP, and the Gold Card (medical services). They have one-on-one financial counseling and classes such as budgeting and credit building. These services are free. To make an appointment for these services please call 1-713-821-8934.
1410 Lee Street
Houston, TX 77009
Main office: 1-713-223-8131